Learn how to create, update, and remove repeating events on the OFW calendar. For instructions on using one-time events, click here.
In this tutorial:
Creating a Repeating Event
Parents can select a repeating pattern of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly when creating a recurring event.
- Navigate to the Calendar.
- Click the New Event icon.
- Enter values for all mandatory fields, which include a title for the event, a beginning time and date for the event, and an ending time and date for the event.
- To create a recurring event, input the beginning and ending time of your first instance and make both of the beginning and ending dates the same.
- Specify the repeating pattern for the event:
- Select the drop-down menu titled Repeating. This menu allows you to choose how often the event will occur. You may choose from Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly.
- After selecting one of these options, you will be prompted with additional options directly underneath the Repeating menu. These options will vary depending on your choice of Daily, Weekly, Monthly, or Yearly. Do not skip these options.
- Lastly, be sure to specify the Until date after choosing an option from the Repeating drop-down menu. This will specify until when you would like the event to repeat.
- All Day: If the event you're entering is scheduled for all day, you can simply select this box rather than input "Begins" and "Ends" information.
- Drop off Parent/Pick up Parent: If you would like to denote who picks up the children and who drops them off, there are drop-down menus for each directly underneath the "All Day" checkbox. These menus are titled "Drop Off Parent" and "Pick Up Parent." If these fields are completed, the begin and end times for the event will be color-coded on the calendar.
- Event for: You may complete this field if the event is for a specific parent.
- Private: If an event is marked as your private event, the event will only appear on your personal calendar.
- Other options: designating the event location, setting a reminder for the event, adding an icon to an event, and providing additional notes regarding the event.
Editing or Deleting Repeating Events
You have several options for editing any upcoming occurrences of a repeating event.
- Editing a single instance of the event: Click on the instance of the event you wish to update and select Edit. When finished, save your edits by clicking on the Update This button in the top-left corner of the window.
- Updating all future instances of an event: Click on the next upcoming instance of the event and select Edit. Save and update all future instances of this event by clicking on the Update Future button in the top-left corner of the edit window.
You can also delete this one single instance of the recurring event by clicking Delete This, or delete the all upcoming instances of this recurring event by clicking Delete Future.
Note: You can only edit or delete recurring events that are in the future. Additionally, you cannot edit the repeating pattern or duration settings for recurring events. If the repeating pattern or duration needs to be updated, delete all future instances of the event and recreate the entry.
Why can't I delete an event?
There are two reasons an event cannot be edited or deleted.
- Your co-parent parent or someone else created the event. You can only delete or edit events that you have created.
- The event has passed. Once an event becomes historical, it cannot be edited or deleted on the website. This is done to protect the integrity of your information.
However, you can create Moments in the OFW Journal to document both future and historical events.