How do I link to a family that is already using OFW?
As a family law attorney, mediator, therapist, or other legal or mental health professional, you may often find that clients and families you are working with are already using OurFamilyWizard for communication. Using an OFW Professional Account, you can link to the accounts of your clients or whole families and work with them directly through the website and iOS apps.
Navigate to the Add Client form
In the left navigation, go to "My Cases" section.
- On iPad: In the "Case Management" introductory screen, click Add Client.
- On iPhone: Once on My Cases, click on the + sign in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.
Complete the Add Client form
- In the bar at the top of the screen, select "Link to existing family".
- Enter the first and last names for both parents and at least one email address. In the line for Professional Access for each parent, select whether you'd like to request access to one or both parents.
- Toggle the switch to green to request access to a parent.
- Untoggle the switch to not request access to a parent.
- Click "Save" at the top-right corner of the window to send your access request(s).
Any parent for whom you have requested access will be sent an email with a link to respond. Your request will remain at the "Requested" status on your My Cases page until the parent responds.